Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Coop!

Georgie Cooper died last week.

As saddened as I am to hear about her passing, I can't think of Georgie Cooper without seeing her bright smile and hearing her infectious laugh. It's strange to realize that though it's been over 20 years since I sat in her class, I continue to experience the lessons she taught me on a regular basis. She came up in a conversation with friends just last week as an example of a person who's enthusiasm made being around her a joyful experience. I can't begin to calculate the impact she's had on my life. I have tears in my eyes, but revisiting my memories of her incredible presence lightens my heart. Thanks Georgie, I promise I won't let you down!

Mrs. Cooper, a teacher I had in Junior High, touched me in a way that my own grandfather's death didn't.  I've actually spent a few minutes wracked with sobs.  I think Mrs. Cooper would have approve of the phrase "wracked with sobs."  Ah shit, start the waterworks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment