Monday, August 13, 2007

Catching Up

20070803
Another old Caltech friend was in town today, staying with The Falcon. I got myself up to Pasadena, and we had a great dinner at Saladang Song, one of my favorite places to eat in Pasadena (along with the original restaurant right next door, Saladang).

After spending many years on the East coast, AsifK made a job move to the greater Phoenix area. I'm glad he and The Falcon had stayed in touch, as my contact info for him was sadly out of date. We all caught up with each other's careers and families, and shockingly didn't feel the need to speak of Caltech that much. Wow.

Went back to The Falcon's place, where we were joined by Hightop. More catching up ensued. Interesting to hear about Hightop's research about energy balances.

Friends are friends for a reason, and it turns out the reasons we got along during college are still true now. Sense of humor, life sensibilities, etc. It was a great time, and I hope we stay in better touch in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment