Saturday, April 19, 2008

So Cheesy

MM hosted a cheese themed party, so P & I took the Cooks Illustrated lasagna. It's a simple sauce made from crushed tomatoes, garlic, and olive oil. Instead of putting the meat in the sauce, they advocate making mini meatballs from a combination of pork and beef, white bread soaked in buttermilk, Parmesan cheese, and parsley. Layered sauce, noodle, sauce + meatballs, etc in a 9x 13 pan. Used no-boil noodles but the instructions weren't clear on saucing the top layer, so that came out crunchy. Whoops. I enjoyed it, but we were late and most people were cheesed out.

Then a cut-throat game of Apples to Apple broke out. Which I totally won. Then they started playing for two card combos, and I fell behind. :-)

So much fun to hang out with the swing team pals outside of dancing and find out they're smart, cool people I'd want to spend time with anyway. We left after midnight and found out they went 'til 4am! Crazy kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment