Sunday, September 2, 2007

August 2007 Dance Wrapup

Well, I'm not going to go back and wrap up all the classes I've taken. I'll try to summarize. I've been riding the ragged edge of burning out, and have had to really fight to stay on the fun side of dance. Why is that? Well, I've really found that there are some things that I don't enjoy doing, and forcing the issue really makes me feel bad. The main culprits are Jazz based shine patterns (well, mainly Apple Jacks), line dances, and perhaps solo dancing in general. So the Tranky Doo class is really frustrating to me, as is the Stomp Stomp choreography class.

So what did I do about it? I cut back on the classes I took. I stopped going to Tranky Doo and gave myself permission to miss more and more of the Friday classes. I skipped almost all the Sunday Atomic classes (no-prep social patterns was kind of a drag, followed by Stomp Stomp). I'd paid for the OC Swing Sunday classes, but I cut back on them as well, skipping a couple weeks. Even showed up once, took one of the two classes, only to bail to hang with the Remys.

Atomic's air-conditioning problem is especially pronounced on busy nights, and Fridays are getting busy again. So I'm sitting out a lot more after doing a few songs and getting a sweat on. Teams? I don't have a solution there. I might talk to Katie Jordan, as a prelim step, then sit-out run-through as a secondary step.

I've tried to add cycling back into my life. The Century ride and the run-up to it really re-ignited my passion for it. Well, having a well-matched training partner really helped with that too. I've looked forward to events like Inspiration Weekend and Frankie Manning Weekend (at Atomic) to re-inspire my dancing. As for how that goes, I guess I'll save that for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment