Thursday, June 14, 2007

Fortune 500

Recently watched the short film Kids & Money, at the New York Times Magazine.

It really made me mad. Seething mad. The bubble that these kids live in is just amazing. Great argument for school uniforms. Wow, now I feel old.

Until money equates to hours of your life, I don't think you should be able to spend it.

Some quick questions, though. Can you be comfortably middle class if the parents share a bedroom with their children? And did that girl think the Fortune 500 was a list of the wealthiest 500 families?

I'm thankful for the contrast the piece showed between the excess class and the working class, or I might have felt even madder than I do. I'm thankful that my parents never let me grow up at either extreme, and I'm thankful for what I have now.

No comments:

Post a Comment