Thursday, May 24, 2007

College Soundtrack #2

College is a time to make life-long friends, and I certainly made my share. When visiting Caltech for their spring recruiting trip (Pre-Frosh Weekend), one of the other prospective freshman I roomed with and I hit it off pretty well. We both chose to go to Tech, both ended up living in Fleming House, and decided to room together freshman year. CB was especially prescient about music trends, honing in on the Seattle sound well before the crowd. During that first semester 1991, we listened to Nirvana's album, Nevermind, well before it became a huge sensation. And of course the track that makes it onto my college soundtrack:

Enter Sandman - Metallica
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana

Last month, I saw CB, his wife, and their new daughter (who is just adorable). And I neglected to ask him what the hot new band was going to be. We might be too old for him to know.

[Addendum 5/25/2007]
Video: