Tuesday, May 29, 2007

College Soundtrack #4

The Seattle sound was a huge influence during my early college years (it might already be obvious). A big part of that was the forgettable movie "Singles" with the killer soundtrack. Cool tracks from Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Smashing Pumpkins, Screaming Trees, and multiple tracks from Paul Westerberg. "Dyslexic Heart" was probably the best known Westerberg track, but I prefer "Waiting For Somebody."



Enter Sandman - Metallica

Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Even Flow - Pearl Jam
Waiting For Somebody - Paul Westerberg

It might not be obvious why I'd have this song on my college-years soundtrack over some of the other rackss. That's mostly because I already have tracks from the other bands previously (or possibly planned). It's unfortunately true that multiple tracks from this movie soundtrack played in my personal soundtrack, but I felt that I should just pick one. This album was my gateway to Alice In Chains especially, and "Would?" is a huge track. Picking a representative track is a bit different from picking a favorite, isn't it?

No really good versions of a video for this track were on YouTube, so here are videos for other great songs from the Singles Soundtrack.

Nearly Lost You - Screaming Trees



Would - Alice In Chains



Battle of Evermore - Lovemongers (never knew that was the gals from Heart)



Drown - Smashing Pumpkins



Chloe Dancer / Crown Of Thorns - Mother Love Bone



Breath - Pearl Jam



No comments:

Post a Comment