Friday, November 2, 2007

Touchy Subject

I've discussed hugs and touching in the past, but recently had a realization that I have issues with fairly basic touch in a romantic context. I'm not talking about groping here, just basic hand-holding, arm-around-back, arm-around-shoulders stuff. Issues. What do I mean by issues? Well, I guess I never really did enough of it to get comfortable with initiating it. Or if I was ever comfortable, it was so long ago that I've forgotten how.

And in my thrashing over-analysis, I think I've come to some conclusions. I've kind of re-socialized myself over the past few months through swing-dancing. but as I've written before... Well, the first few weeks of dancing really got me detaching touch from eroticism. Dancing requires a lot of touching, and if guys spend all our time thinking about how great it is to handle beautiful women... well, it just comes off as really creepy.

So I've built up all these blocks about touching with romantic intent, and I'm having trouble overcoming them.

I don't know the solution. Practice makes perfect?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Comment spam?! Someone doesn't get how few people care about what I have to say...

    ReplyDelete