Friday, January 12, 2007

Anti-consumerism starting ....

I like to think I'm about living simply. About a year ago, I down-sized my living space, mostly because I was wasting what I had. I'm driving my '97 Civic still because it's paid for, I don't need more car, it works fine, and has less than 70K miles on it. I like wearing nice clothes but hate spending money to acquire them. I resist buying a new computer until my old one doesn't do the things I need to do.

I read with avid interest Pilgrimgirl's post on taking a shopping sabbatical. Some really interesting thoughts also in Journey Gal's response post on the shopping sabbatical.

You feel it coming, don't you?

So here's my car on Monday.

Here's a close-up of the rear-end after installing a bolt-on hitch.


What's that? You're right, I can't tow anything with a bolt-on hitch, but I don't need to tow anything. I'm attaching a rack to the car:



See, and here's the box I'm putting on the rack:


What's that? You don't get what the heck I'm talking about? Oh, it's not about the box, but what was in the box.



Oooh, aaahhh. Yes, my bike came in today.


So I'm strictly anti-consumerism starting .... now!

Riding again with EB tomorrow morning, and now I'll be doing it with some Italian bling!

2 comments:

  1. congrats on the new arrival. and why don't i see any jazz hands in your bike photos?

    ReplyDelete