Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Takes My Pain Away

Ah, the soothing vapors of Mineral Ice. Went to a spin class this morning at 24H Fitness. First class of the new year, so it was pretty full. The gym isn't going to be a fun place to be with all the resolutions to work out more. Trainer told me that it tails off by February. Awesome. Wait, no, that's sad. Sadly awesome.

Right, so that brings up the fact that I do spin classes, which are really challenging, on days that I have training sessions. I'm a gamer! I'm a gym-rat! Ok, maybe not a gym-rat. But I'm a gamer. Whatever the hell that means.

Tried to do some jogging again, but had to call it quits after 10 minutes of attempting. I'm getting some pain in my left knee, which my bro says could be a result of a tightening IT band. I hope it's that and not something worse. Ok, no jogging for a few days. Stretch.

Talked to D.H. this evening about riding later this week. His suggestion is to not run until I'm lighter. "Running is for small people. If you want to stop cycling, start running." That guy's a riot and a grump, but he's probably right. I just hate to give up on the idea that I can slowly ramp-up for a sprint triathlon starting now. D.H. also gave me a list of cold-weather riding gear to buy before we ride. Great, more $ on gear. Riding is a freakin' money pit sometimes.

Spin class tomorrow evening with R.B. from work. Oh, that reminds me, I biked to morning spin, work, and evening training. Didn't use the car until night ozoni with Moms. Not too big a deal. I wonder if I can ride to work twice a week until it rains. More often?

Damn, my legs are sore! I think the second shot at running was clearly an overreach. Which brings me back to Mineral Ice. Ahh 2% Menthol, you're the only friend I care about right now!

1 comment:

  1. Yeesh, marathon. I'm thinking that might never make my list. I think I'm going to be a Clyde for a while, though it doesn't seem that long ago when I was wondering if there was a designation for 300+. Guess I don't care now.

    And on that subject, feel free to take any of my pounds any time. However, I don't lend them out, you have to keep them. All sales final.

    ReplyDelete