Saturday, January 6, 2007

White Rabbit


"I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date! No time to say hello, goodbye! I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!"

Woke up 10 minutes before I was supposed to meet EB for her first ride. And my mother was probably already on her way. Called everyone to explain I'd be late. Why oh why didn't my alarm go off? Er, why oh why didn't I set my alarm last night? That's EB and I in the picture, of course.



Nice relaxing ride from Yorba Linda Regional Park to Kraemer, as previously planned. First off, parking was a madhouse, as there was some kind of youth soccer tournament going on. Ride was nice, though. I hope she liked it. We need to get her set up with a bike computer if she's going to do any kind of consistent riding. I can see now why after my first ride, DH "made" me go buy a computer. You really have no way of knowing your cadence without it.





And of course, it doesn't help if you don't ride with it. Moms (she's the shorter one in this picture) was leading the whole time, and ran out of energy. I found out in the last stretch that she didn't bring her computer along. D'oh! I suspect she was charging out at the beginning, feeling good with a tailwind, not knowing her heartrate was way too high. We all slowed down and survived, of course.


Oops, off to a training session with AL at 24 Hour Fitness.

3 comments: