Monday, January 15, 2007

Maths

Yeah, I'm frustrated right now at my scheduling snafu, but I'm also exhilarated at walking the path of my stated goal: finish my undergraduate degree.

Some background, I attended Caltech in Pasadena, CA for four years on the five year plan, but got so messed up with my sleep schedule, health, and study habits that I never went back for the fifth year. Youth is wasted on the young, I guess (And do they really call that music? In my day...). At one point, I thought I'd never want to go back, but after getting some emotional distance, I decided I'd like to finish what I started. I'd like to go to grad school, and while finishing at Caltech isn't necessary for that, it sure wouldn't hurt.

Perhaps it's pure fantasy to go back, but the steps happen to coincide with transferring to Cal State Fullerton to finish up, so I'm not wasting my time. What are those steps? Well, they'd like to see me taking a full load at another institution with good grades for a semester before transferring in. For me that means spinning myself up at Fullerton College for a term, getting back in the swing of things before trying to attend CSUF. My strategy was to take relax into things, taking the 3rd semester of Calculus they offer, but no dice. Can't repeat that. Can't repeat?! Oops, yes, I took that class at this institution back in 1989, in high school and received a passing grade. That's embarrassing to contemplate. So on to Linear Algebra and Differential Equations. Great, I'm really testing myself now. I haven't thought about either of those subjects for over 10 years. I'll have to pump myself up for this.

Strong like bull!
Smartest guy in the room!
All your base are belong to us!

Maybe I'll listen to Wagner on the way to class every morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment